Department : Claims
Division : Finance
Job Type : Full-time
FLSA Status : Non-Exempt
Location : Flowood, MS
Supervisor : SR Manager of Finance/Budget
The primary purpose of this position is to process claims and tickets submitted by players of the Mississippi Lottery Corporation’s instant and on-line games for validation and payment, while providing quality customer service. Duties include but are not limited to: Handling customer/players visiting the lottery by providing excellent customer service, solve customer service problems, selling and redeeming tickets, answering questions, providing materials and explaining process and games. Handling phone inquiries, providing winning numbers, explaining games, mailing requested materials, redirecting phone calls to other departments, relaying pertinent information and advising investigators regarding pertinent documents. Processing incoming mail and other administrative task. Balancing daily reconciliation, preparing correspondence. Resolve customer concerns.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities:
The following duties are normal for this job and should not be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Logs and records incoming prize claim mail into the MLC’s mail logging system
- Processes mail-in prize claims, communicating the outcome by issuing prize payment or appropriate correspondence to the player
- Performs validation and prize payment functions for instant and on-line game grand prize winners.
- Ensures appropriate prize claims are reviewed for legally mandated collection of debt owed to state agencies (debt setoff), updating appropriate logs, files and correspondence.
- Handles prize related security issues, such as receipt of damaged, blocked, and altered tickets, in accordance with MLC policies and procedures.
- Process miscellaneous claims issues, in accordance with prescribed policies and procedures.
- Performs the daily reconciliation of the Prize Payment Check Register.
- Responds to questions, complaints, and information by telephone, in person or by mail from players, employees, etc.
- Multi-task and work efficiently in a close team environment. Problem solve and provide excellent customer service.
Education and/or Experience:
High School Diploma (or GED) requested with a minimum of two years of financial-related customer service, cash handling, and financial reconciliation experience (i.e. retail, banking or call center environment). Basic skills in Microsoft Word and Excel required: excellent verbal and written communications skills required.
Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related business field preferred. Any combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job may be substituted for required years of experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those which must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; demonstrate dexterity, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines. The noise level in the office is usually moderate.
• Personal Time Off (PTO)
• Floating Holidays
• Employee Medical & Dental Insurance
• Retirement Plan
Career App - Players Claims Specialist
• Business Casual Dress
• Continuing Education
• Professional Environment
• Competitive pay
& much more!